The Appeals policy is designed to protect the interests of all candidates and also to protect the integrity of the qualification.
Candidates have the right to appeal in the event that they are dissatisfied with the following:
· The assessment decisions made by ART & DESIGN LIFE LTD, where applicable
· The assessment decisions made by the Awarding Organisation
· The decision by ART & DESIGN LIFE LTDnot to support an enquiry or appeal to the Awarding Organisation
A copy of the appeals procedure is available to all candidates.
There is an informal and formal procedure available. The formal procedure is only to be followed if the informal procedure has failed or is inappropriate for the circumstances. All appeals must be via the formal procedures of the Awarding Organisation and supported by the Centre Manager.
Every attempt will be made to resolve disputes as near as possible to the point of origin ART & DESIGN LIFE LTD will keep appeals records for inspection by the Awarding Organisation
for a minimum of 18 months.
1. Where a candidate wishes to make an appeal against the quality of provision at the centre he/she should first of all attempt to resolve the matter by a direct approach to the Centre Manager.
2. If the matter remains unresolved the candidate may require a personal interview with the Centre Manager.
3. Before the personal interview, the Centre Manager should have obtained an independent second opinion on the initial decision.
4. If, after any action to resolve the dispute taken by the Centre Manager, the matter is not satisfactorily resolved, the complainant may use the formal procedure.
Once the informal procedure has been exhausted, of if it is inappropriate to the circumstances, the formal procedure is to be followed.
1. The complainant will be required to submit a formal complaint in writing to the Centre Manager.
2. Within 10 working days of receiving the written appeal, the decision of the Centre Manager should be communicated to the student/trainee.
3. Decisions by the Centre Manager regarding the quality of teaching provision are final.
4. If the complainant disagrees with the result of the formal Appeals procedure regarding assessment decisions, they may utilise the Awarding Organisations formal Appeals procedure for which they must be supported by the centre. For details of the Awarding Organisation Appeals Procedure, please refer to the relevant Awarding Organisation website.
Any learner wishing to appeal against the operation of the Appeals Procedure can do so in writing to the Centre Manager. Review of Policy: http://artdesignlife.london/appeals-policy-and-procedure